CAD System Designer
Currently accepting applications.
Uses CAD equipment to provide support to engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to engineers or supervisor.
Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology. Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Has familiarity with CAD/3D/INVENTOR equipment/software. Graduated high school and has an associate's degree in computer aided drafting and math, and/or equivalent experience and training.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (Inventor 3D- CAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and products.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Converts existing production drawings to CAD Program Inventor.
- Communicates with tooling, QA, engineering and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Proficient in Writing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are somewhat flexible and evenings may be required.
Required Education and Experience
Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ASME Vessel Design & PLC Programming